It was a glam moment of gleeful ATTA CALABARZON family garbed in 1960’s outfits for Christmas party
After the successful and historic first B2B, the tourism soirée turned into a time travel soirée on November 29, 2016 at Queen Margarette Hotel.
Gaudy dresses and neon-hued costumes not only fascinated everyone, but the effort to experience the Dekada 60 or Retro 1960 aura was deliberately achieved. It’s a fashion fusion redefined.
Of Niyogyugan Festival and Festivity
Quezon Province’s renowned Niyogyugan Festival, an agri-tourism exposition, was the highlight of the party. “Tagayan ng Lambanog”, a traditional drinking session of a coconut arrack or coconut vodka that is made from coconut sap. The aim of this drinking session is to celebrate and strengthen camaraderie or to celebrate a particular success, in the rural areas or local regions.
Tagayan ng Lambanog is typically accompanied with singing and chit-chats and munching good “pulutan” or appetizer like “kilawin” (raw tuna salad), “adobong mani” (fried peanuts), and other street foods. Before taking the shot, a toast is done with the leader uttering: “NAAY PO!” Everyone would respond “PAKINABANGAN PO! or PAKINABANGAN!”
This traditional drinking session was well elaborated by Mr. Alberto “Jun” Bay, the Provincial Tourism Officer (OIC) of Quezon. There were traditional singing and dancing performed.
Origin of Niyogyugan Festival
“In 2011, Quezon Province held the first AGRI-TOURISM Trade Fair featuring booths adorned by agricultural produce and products from different municipalities here in Quezon. In 2012, the very first provincial festival aptly called, NIYOGYUGAN Festival, the celebration of the tree of life, was organized. The Niyogyugan, which came from the words “niyog” and “yugyog” (to move to a beat), was conceptualized by former Congresswoman Aleta Suarez and there will be 3 inter-related events/competitions namely: Float, Dance, and Festival Queen.” See more at: quezon.gov.ph
Season of Gaiety and Gratitude
Exchanging of gifts among members and leaders, as well as the raffle draw (with awesome prizes) had been fun and exciting! But what made it more heartwarming was the bond that was strengthened.
ATTA CALABRZON’s 4th General Meeting and Christmas Party also highlighted the official acknowledgment and acceptance of a new member. The two ASEAN Master Assessors were warmly recognized too! It’s truly an edge and a blessing to have Mr. Lax Junnel Mendoza, President, also a Third Party Assessor for Hotels and Accommodation-Star Ratings of the DOT National and Ms. Malou Quilala Gomez, Vice President of Philippine Travel Agencies Association, not only serving in the Department of Tourism Region IV-A, but in the entire country!
Mabuhay! One Region, One Destination. One ATTA CALABARZON!
Here’s the list of the current OFFICERS and MEMBERS of ATTA CALABARZON:
- President: Lax Junnel Mendoza
- Secretary General: Susan A. Virtucio
- Asst. Secretary Gen.: Dalisay M. Ocampo
- Treasurer: Orsa Lia A. Sanuco
- Public Relations: Marilyn Z. Mendiola
- Business Managers:
- Cavite Liezel Q. Joya
- Laguna Dalisay M. Ocampo
- Batangas Adellee B. Paala
- Rizal Liza Marie E. Delfino
- Quezon Stella Marie M. Salvacion
- Farm Tourism Alliance: Ericson B. Atanacio
Board of Trustees 2016-2017
Ma. Luisa D. De Torres
Maria Luisa C. Villabroza
Ellen B. Narvas
Elisa R. Pena
Josephine F. Costales
- Liezel Q. Joya – A WHOLE NEW WORLD TRAVEL EXPRESS
- Cecilla J. Binas – HARIMANOK TOURS & EVENTS
- Ellen Barrios – Narvas – FLYBOOK TRAVEL AND TOURS
- Lax Junnel Mendoza – LE VYGR INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL
- Susan Abanilla-Virtucio – GURU’S GUIDES TRAVEL MANAGEMENT
- Ma. Luisa De Torres – UNO BUDGET TOURS
- Dalisay M. Ocampo – DISCOVERY ADVENTURE TRAVEL & TOURS
- Ma. Luisa Gomez – HEMISPHERES TRAVEL CORP.
- Mabelle Acierto – EM TRAVEL CORP.
- Rebecca Cartano-Landicho – JUAN PASYALAN TRAVEL & TOURS
- Merlita V. Nario – LAKBAY KABAYAN TOURS & TRAVEL SERVICES
- Adelle B. Paala – PEAK TRAVEL AND TOURS INTERNATIONAL
- Orsa Lia A. Sanuco – A3 TOURS & TRAVEL
- Liza Marie Delfino – LIZMAR TRAVEL & TOURS
- Ferdinand L. Cruz – TAYTAY TRAVEL BUREAU
- Ramon F. Marinas – BIENVENIDO TRAVEL & TOURS
- Elisa Real – Pena – CROWN POINT TRAVEL AND TOURS
- Stella Marie M. Salvacion – MYJOURNEY TRAVEL & TOURS
- Maria Luisa C. Villabroza – MYLES TRAVEL AND TOURS
- Marilyn Mendiola – SUNBURST TRAVEL & TOURS
- Nino Magararo – RAINSUMMER TRAVEL & TOURS
ATTA AGRI-FARM TOURISM ALLIANCE:
- Costales Nature Farms
- Forest Wood Garden
- Terra Verde Ecofarm Inc.
- Kaharian Realty and Farms, Inc.
- MOCA Family Farm Rlearning Center Inc.
- Gourmet Farms Inc.
- Flor’s Farm and Garden
- One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites
- La Virginia Leisure Park & Amusement Resort Inc.
- Rex Habitat & Cultural Display Area
- Enchanted Kingdom
- Dona Jovita Garden Resort
- NDN Grand Hotel 26 JP Laurel Highway
- Sulyap Gallery Café Boutique Hotel
- Nurture Wellness Village
- Batis Aramin Resort Hotel Corp.
- Lima Park Hotel
- Queen Margarette Hotel, Inc.
- Lagos del Sol Resort Hotel Inc.
C/o Le VYGR Int’l Travel
Unit 2, RKL Bldg., M. Alimario St.,
San Pablo City, Laguna 4000 Philippines
Contact Numbers: +63 49 5626104 / +63 49 5621824
Email add: email@example.com
To get fresh updates, LIKE Facebook Pages:
Follow: Twitter/Instagram/Pinterest: @curlylaf
© 2016 LAF