The Rise of the Pinoy is a peculiar book written for Filipinos! It intrigued me because it’s all about world-class Filipinos and yet written by an Irish author! My curiosity as a bookworm turned into kilig!
As a voracious bookworm, I had an affair with words and books since I was a wee lass. The fondest thoughts of books in any genre fascinated me. I wouldn’t mind being left in a library or a bookstore, even for the whole day!
But as I grew older, I’ve become choosy of what to feed the mind. Memoirs, spiritual books, inspirational books and self-help books have been closer to my heart. Purchasing quality and uplifting books has been my passion, a queer way of investment for personal growth.
The Rise of the Pinoy: 7 Powerful Lessons of Success from 21 World-Class Filipinos marauded my attention when I saw Josh Mahinay‘s post in his Facebook and Instagram account on May 19, 2016. I told myself then, I won’t miss the launch and I would surely secure a copy — an autographed one!
I’ve known Josh personally since I volunteered as a blogger for Bag943 during the AmBAG Campaign for Yolanda victims two years ago. I also wrote some series of blogs and a feature for its 3rd Year Anniversary, BAG943 Triumphant at Three!
“The Best Filipino Global Brand is the Filipino himself.” – Tony Meloto
I strongly concur the utterance of the Founder of Gawad Kalinga, Mr. Tony Meloto. His compassionate movement who helps the impoverished community to be self-reliant and be productive to end poverty, inspired a lot of Filipinos to make ripples of influence beyond their comfort zones. “Its success in scalability and sustainability, Gawad Kalinga, the womb that bore Human Nature, is confidently incubating more brands in various industries.”
I’m not just an avid fan of Gawad Kalinga, but a consistent user of the country’s best organic Filipino products produced with a heart — Human Nature! And it’s known internationally! World-class indeed!
A revival of hope for humanity
“In a divided country where everybody clamor for change, let us be reminded that the difference you can make in another Filipino’s life is the change you can give him, however small it is.” – Josh Mahinay
My epiphany enthralled me when I got acquainted with the author of the book, Mike Grogan! I noticed him during his interview with Josh in “The Best of You” Podcast, long ago. But little did I know that the magical name of my friend, Josh Mahinay would make a lot of difference! I’ve got a personal invitation and an advance release copy from the author whom I found really humble and heartwarming.
Since I’ve known Mike Grogan through Josh, I can attest that birds with the same feathers flock together. They’re both an inspiration to me, and surely, to many Filipinos. I’ve wondered then why on Earth this Irish guy opted to sojourn in our country. It dawned on me that he’s seen a greener pasture among Filipino entrepreneurs. He just need to help them till the promising fields of hopes and dreams which are awaiting to flourish.
The ebony of the hour is the waiting of the dawn
What I found fascinating about this precious book is its personal approach. You’ll be inspired to be intuitive. Simple yet sublime. Succinct yet superb. Surprisingly set-apart!
Its interactive and intuitive content would really compel you to grasp all precious lessons of yearning and learning to discover the giant in you — a world-class Filipino. It was written in a way that you won’t stop reading once you started it. You could fully delve in each featured story of success, that would make you wonder what path are you treading. You would be challenged to make a difference in others as well.
You might be in the dark hour of your life’s crossroad at this moment. This book would serve as a light, a compass and a road map to help you press on and find your path to success. I firmly believe, God orchestrated in making it happen for the author and each featured world-class Filipinos to have crossed paths for a special purpose. And that’s for you and me to be blessed with this precious copy, to boost your hope in facing the dawn of your own success.
“I die without seeing the dawn brighten over my native land. You who have it to see, welcome it – and forget not those who have fallen during the night.” — Jose Rizal
The 7 Powerful Lessons of Success from 21 World Class Filipinos
- Be reminded of your inspiration daily.
- You have a unique assignment that only you can complete.
- If your motive is wrong, nothing can be right.
- The quality of the questions you ask yourself will determine your destiny.
- Embracing your pain qualifies you to be a greater service to a greater number of people.
- The secret to your success is found in your daily routine.
- Don’t believe the lies, You were born for greatness.
Delve deeper as you get acquainted with each of the exemplary entrepreneur who excelled in their own field of expertise. Don’t miss The Book Launch of the Year!
Meet and greet the world-class Filipinos
- ANNA MELOTO WILK (President – Human Nature)
- ANTON DIAZ (Founder – Our Awesome Planet)
- BENJIE ABAD (Founder – Karinderia ni Mang Urot)
- BORIS JOAQUIN (CEO – Salt and Light)
- DAVID BONIFACIO (Executive – CBTL Holdings)
- FRANCIS KONG (Best-Selling Author)
- GINGER ARBOLEDA (Founder – Manila Workshops)
- ISSA CUEVAS (Director – Gawad Kalinga)
- JOSH MAHINAY (Founder – Bag 943)
- KRIE REYES LOPEZ (Founder – Messy Bessy)
- LLOYD LUNA (Motivational Speaker)
- MARK RUIZ (Founder – Hapinoy)
- MARIANNE MENCIAS (Best-Selling Author)
- MARV DE LEON (Founder – Freelance Blend)
- NOEY LOPEZ (CEO – Starbucks Philippines)
- POCHOLO GONZALES (CEO – Creative Voices)
- REBECCA BUSTAMANTE (President – Asia CEO Forum)
- REY BUFI (Founder – The Storytelling Project)
- STEVE BENITEZ (CEO – Bo’s Coffee)
- TONY MELOTO (Founder – Gawad Kalinga)
- VINCE GOLANGCO (Founder – When in Manila)
Purchase you own copy now! For only P395 at Fully Booked!
Goodreads Read more reviews!
© 2016 LAF